Senior marketing & Communications Manager
May 2023 – present
Director of entrepreneurial ecosystem development
Nov 2021 – Jan 2023
In this role, I led the strategic organization and development of a cohesive, robust network of entrepreneur support resources in the Lansing region. I helped pave the journey to successful entrepreneurship for Lansing’s visionaries through a combination of LEAP program architecture and management, regional network relationship building and ongoing evaluation, improvement and growth of current and future programming.
The main programs I was responsible for leading are the internationally-recognized One and All inclusive entrepreneurship initiative and the Hatching business pitch competition series.
- $16,000 in sponsorship dollars raised for 2022 Hatching event series from seven sponsors (including two new sponsors)
- Graduated 42 entrepreneurs across two One and All programs (23 in March 2022 and 19 in July 2022)
- Received 80 applications for the 7th One and All program, 3% more than the average number received for the two programs (5 & 6) I led and 20% more than the average number received across all programs, despite program 7 being open to only one county of the four counties to which programs 1-6 were available
- Received a record number of 111 applications to pitch at The Hatching in 2022 across all three events
- Improved One and All curriculum efficiency by 19%, which lead to a 5% increase in engagement with non-mandatory, supplemental educational opportunities over the course of the program
Marketing Content, Equity Communications and Grants Manager
Mar 2021 – Nov 2021
In this role, I maintained all previous responsibilities as Marketing Content Manager.
I led marketing and communications strategy for equitable economic planning and entrepreneurship efforts, including the One and All inclusive entrepreneurship initiative and The Hatching pitch competition. Additionally, I designed and directed LEAP’s internship program.
- IEDC Gold Award for One and All inclusive entrepreneurship initiative (economic inclusion category)
- IEDC Silver Award for 2020 annual report (annual report category)
- Designed and implemented reimagined internship program
Marketing Content Manager
Jan 2019 – Mar 2021
I supported LEAP’s organizational goals in partnership with the VP of Marketing and Communications through holistic, strategic marketing and communications efforts. I designed and implemented LEAP’s social media strategy and time-bound social media campaigns, produced the monthly Regional Resiliency Report video series and email newsletter and planned and wrote all annual report content.
• COVID-19 RESPONSE EFFORTS •
I served on grant review teams for three Michigan-wide and one Lansing-specific small-business relief grant programs, and assisted with small-business relief communication efforts including Pardot email newsletters and social media.
- IEDC Silver Award for 2019 annual report (annual report category)
- Produced 53 episodes of LEAP Weekly video series from January 2019 to March 2020
- Envisioned and implemented new monthly video series to replace LEAP Weekly, the Regional Resiliency Report
- Produced 14 episodes of Regional Resiliency Report from August 2020 to January 2022
- Supported implementation of new organizational website in May 2020
Digital Content Strategy Consultant
Dec 2014 – Nov 2021
I envisioned and implemented client communication solutions including social media, website design, and content strategy, and engage a diverse range of clients including university departments, small businesses, and individual professionals.
Web & Social Media Specialist
Dec 2017 – Jan 2019
I created, managed, and implemented digital content strategy for MCUL and CU Link credit union awareness campaign. I curated and authored content for websites, social media channels, weekly Mailchimp newsletter to ~8,000 Michigan credit union professionals, and other publications as needed.
- Organically grew social media following by 37% on LinkedIn, 20% on Facebook, and 4% on Twitter
- Cover story for Q2 2018 Contact magazine, distributed to 200+ credit unions across Michigan
- Produced 51 editions of weekly Monitor email newsletter between January 5, 2018 and January 4, 2019
Marketing & Communication Specialist
Aug 2016 – Dec 2017
I collaborated with the Executive Vice President and marketing committee to develop communication solutions for effective outreach in Ingham, Clinton, and Eaton counties. I managed all print publications, web content, and social media.
- Developed and implemented promotional strategy for Penny for Your Thoughts community idea contest
- Led sitemap restructure and supported implementation of new organizational website in fall 2016
- Economic Development Excellence Silver Award – Annual Report Category, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), 2019, 2020, 2021
- Economic Development Excellence Gold Award – Economic Inclusion Category, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), 2021
- HTML and CSS
- Website content management systems (WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, Drupal)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator)
- Email marketing software (MailChimp, Vertical Response, Pardot, Constant Contact)
- Video editing software (Adobe Premiere, iMovie)
- Project management software (Trello, Atlassian, Flow, Basecamp)
- Customer relationship management software (Salesforce, Pardot, Hubspot, Startup Space)
- Entrepreneurship Center Management, InBIA, May 2022
- Inbound Marketing, HubSpot, Nov 2018
- Social Marketing, Hootsuite, Aug 2018
- Yoga Teacher, Peoples Yoga, July 2020 – present
- Adult English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Tutor, Refugee Development Center, Sept 2018 – March 2020
- Yoga Teacher, East Lansing High School Ladies’ Cross Country Team, Sept 2019 – Oct 2019
- Yoga Section Coordinator for Lansing FLOW Event, Lansing 5:01, July 2019
- Ensemble Member, Plymouth Congregational Church Bell Choir, Nov 2013 – June 2017
B.A. in English with High Honor, 2016
- Second major in Professional Writing
- Specializations in creative writing, writing in the public interest, nonprofit writing, and intercultural research
- Top 7% of graduating class
- Study abroad in Italy